Tuesday, June 02, 2009

So I'm about to be 31. This is the past year I've really felt the decade gap between myself and 20 year olds. You know the saying, you are only as old as you feel, but what about what you see. Lately, I've seen some young bucks wearing the haircuts I wore in the early 90's and the sunglasses are going back to the 80's. I feel like I'm in a time machine.

More than that, I find myself calling programing on MTV and BETjunk...just like my mother would do when I was watching Rap City or Yo MTV Raps. Has the programming dropped that much in quality or is it just that as much as I hate to admit I've gone and gotten "old". I suppose it's inevitable, you can't be young forever.

What sealed the deal for me was earlier today, when I was outside taking out the trash and these kids was throwing a volley ball back and forth outside. I spoke to them, and they waved. On my back from the trash dumpster, one kid hit my truck with the volley ball by mistake. He told me he was sorry and his mother who had been sitting out side watching, yelled at him telling him to say sorry sir and to respect his elders. ELDER? So I'm an elder now? I'm not really ready to be an elder, I just want to be a regular guy not an elder. I looked at the woman who looked to be maybe a year or two younger than me, to see if she was joking, but I could tell she wasn't. I suppose, a kid referring to me as sir is ok, it's good to teach the youth respect...but I don't think I'm ready to be an "elder".

I suppose I don't have a choice in the matter. Time doesn't wait kiddos, so live life to the fullest.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home